There are many Health benefits of bananas for our bodies. One of the most consumed fruits worldwide is the banana. Although they are packed with vital nutrients, eating too many could have a negative impact on your health. An excessive amount of any one food can lead to weight gain and nutrient deficiencies. For the majority of healthy individuals, one to two bananas per day is considered a moderate consumption.
1. Bananas give you energy – minus the fats and cholesterol:
Sucrose, fructose, and glucose, three natural sugars found in bananas, provide you with a source of energy devoid of fat and cholesterol. As a result, bananas are perfect for breakfast, as a lunchtime snack, or before and after sports, especially for kids and athletes.
2. Bananas can aid digestion and help beat gastrointestinal issues:
There are many Health benefits of bananas such as a medium banana will give you roughly 10–12% of the daily recommended amount of fiber. The Health Promotion Board of Singapore suggests consuming 20g of dietary fiber for women and 26g for men per day.
For instance, recently ripened bananas contain resistant starch, a form of starch that can pass through to the large intestine even when it does not break down in the small intestine. These bananas help with better weight management since they make you feel fuller for longer.
You can use bananas to treat digestive problems like constipation, stomach ulcers, and heartburn.
3. Manganese in bananas is good for your skin:
About 13% of your daily manganese requirements are met by one medium banana. Manganese aids in the production of collagen and guards against free radical damage to skin cells and other tissues.
4. Potassium in bananas is good for your heart health and blood pressure:
Around 320-400 mg of potassium, or 10% of your daily needs, can be found in a medium-sized banana, which is equivalent to one. Your body uses potassium to keep its blood pressure and heart in a healthy range. Bananas have a low salt content, too. Blood pressure is reduced by a diet low in sodium and high in potassium.
5. Bananas are respectable sources of vitamin C:
Although you would not think of bananas as a source of vitamin C, one medium-sized banana will give you roughly 10% of your daily requirements.
Vitamin C helps:
- Support brain health
- Protect your body against cell and tissue damage,
- The body produces collagen – the protein which holds your skin, bones, and body together,
- Better absorption of iron,
6. Bananas are one of the best fruit sources of vitamin B6:
Bananas include vitamin B6, which your body can easily absorb. A medium-sized banana can provide around 25% of your daily vitamin B6 requirements.
Vitamin B6 helps your body to
- Vitamin B6 is also good for pregnant women as it helps meet their baby’s development needs
- Metabolise carbohydrates and fats,
- Produce red blood cells,
- Metabolise amino acids, remove unwanted chemicals from your liver and kidneys,
- Turning them into energy
- Maintain a healthy nervous system.